1. The tire wear exceeds the wear mark
There will be a wear mark on the sidewall of the forklift tire. Please replace the tire within this mark in time during use. When it is used close to the wear mark, it should be replaced.
2, the rubber appears to fall off and fall off
During the use of the forklift, if the tire rubber falls off or loses in a large area, please replace the tire in time; continuous use will cause reduced driving comfort, increased operating intensity, increased energy consumption, and even potential safety hazards.
3, local wear area is too large
The tire rubber should be replaced when the area of local wear of the tire rubber is too large or there are many wear parts;
4. According to different working conditions, choose suitable tires
The rear wheel (guide wheel) of a counterbalanced forklift truck bears more load than the front wheel in an unloaded state, because the forklift has a counterweight at the rear, so if it works for a long time, the rear wheel will be damaged in advance;
Therefore, routine inspection of forklift tires is very important. Your warehouse truck operator should check for wear and damage before each operation. If problems are discovered in advance, they can "prevent problems before they occur".
Replace tires according to specific usage conditions
According to the degree of tire wear and damage to distinguish:
1. Inflatable solid tires (ordinary solid tires): When worn to the wear mark line, they should be replaced in time;
2. Press-fit tires: When the remaining rubber thickness is less than 30%, it should be replaced in time.
3. When the tire is seriously damaged or abnormal, it should be replaced in time.
The necessary tire replacement is to reduce costs
The replacement of tires requires investment, but the new tires will benefit the forklift operator and your factory. There is no doubt that the forklift will achieve maximum efficiency, improve work efficiency and reduce fuel consumption, and new tires can also minimize impact , Can create more comfortable driving performance for operators, they can reduce fatigue and concentrate on work. The necessary replacement can actually reduce maintenance costs, and the replaced tires can improve work efficiency.
Although this is a necessary expenditure, there are several ways to reduce the cost of tire replacement:
1. If the use environment permits, you can choose a smooth solid tire without a pattern, which can increase the contact area between the tire and the ground and reduce the wear rate of the rubber.
2. For non-special operating conditions, choosing high-quality solid tires to replace pneumatic tires can greatly extend the replacement time and eliminate a lot of tire maintenance, reduce downtime and improve safety.
Now that you know how to extend the service life of forklift tires, it is recommended that you follow the correct maintenance methods to maximize its performance and help your forklift choose the appropriate type, thereby improving production efficiency and reducing costs.